School Messenger - Parents
Our school uses the SchoolMessenger Notification System to provide timely communication to parents and staff members on matters such as attendance, general interest activities and campus and district emergencies. In order to enhance our ability to accurately deliver that information we kindly request that you create your own contact preference profile using SchoolMessenger’s Contact Manager web site.
The Contact Manager feature allows you to control the ways in which you prefer to be contacted. It also works like a mailbox, giving you a place to review messages you may have missed.
In order to utilize this feature simply follow the steps below to create an account through the secure Contact Manager web site provided by SchoolMessenger.
Steps for setting up your account:
1. Enter the following URL into your web browser: https://contactme.schoolmessenger.com
2. Click the Sign Up Now link near the bottom of the page.
3. You will be taken to the Sign Up page where you will need to enter a valid email address, a password, your name, and zip code. You’ll use your email address and the password you enter here to sign in later. Check Email me when I have a new phone message if you would like to receive an email message each time there is a new message in your mailbox. Click Create Account when you are done.
4. Check your email. There will be an Account Activation email from firstname.lastname@example.org which contains a link to activate your account. This link will take you to a confirmation page where you must enter your password in order to activate your account.
5. Once you’ve activated your account, you’re ready to add your child to your account. Click the link on the main page and add your child’s student ID and Activation Code.
Student ID and Activation Code should have been emailed to your email address that is on file with the district. If you have not received this information please email email@example.com.
When you have finished adding your child to your account, you will be brought to the Edit Contact Details page where you can simply check which types of messages you would like to receive and at which phone number or email address. Make sure that you click Save when you are done making changes.
If you have other children attending school in this district, you will be able to add them all to the same Contact Manager account as soon as you receive their Student ID and Activation Code.
Thank you for signing up, and we hope you enjoy the SchoolMessenger Contact Manager!
To learn more about SchoolMessenger please visit their web site at www.schoolmessenger.com
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of messages will I receive from School Messenger?
School Messenger can send phone calls, emails and texts*.
* Orchard Farm School District is not responsible for any charges that may incur from text messaging. The text messaging service is for subscribers only. If you want to inquire about data charges, please contact your wireless provider.
How do I update my primary contact information?
Please contact OFSD to keep your information up to date. If your information is inaccurate in our student information system, you will not be able to sign up for the Contact Manager. This can also prevent you from receiving a notification.
How do I subscribe for text messages?
Simply text any one of the following words to 68453; subscribe, yes
You'll know you were successful if you receive the following reply message: You are registered to receive aprox 3 msgs/mo. Txt STOP to quit, HELP for help